Economic Development Board
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The mandate of the Henderson Economic Development Board is to provide strong institutional support for strategic economic planning and ensure greater coherence and effectiveness in economic policy formulation; promote Henderson as an attractive business investment center; and facilitate both inward and outward investment and ensure a conducive business environment.
The Henderson Economic Development Board shall act in an advisory role to:
- Review the City comprehensive economic development program including the effectiveness of marketing the City and the environment created.
- Review marketing, promotion, attraction and retention policies for new and existing primary commercial, industrial and manufacturing businesses, including attraction of new business and industry, retention/expansion of existing businesses, and small business entrepreneurial assistance.
- Become familiar with state and local economic development laws, programs, and resources.
- Review and recommend to the City Council business assistance and incentive negotiations and economic development agreements for qualified and targeted businesses.
- Review and recommend annual goals and a marketing plan.
- Review and recommend a business retention and expansion (BRE) program.
- Cooperate with member organizations and other public and private groups in promoting the City's economic stability and business growth opportunities.
All members serve three year terms.
Current Board Members are:
|Member Name||Position||Term Expiration|
|William Garmon III||President|
For information on when the Economic Development Board meets, please contact:
HEDCO Administrative Assistant
Phone: (903) 392-0447