- Home Page
- Municipal Court
- Court Etiquette
Pursuant to the authority of Art. 45.203(b) of the Texas Code of Criminal Regulations:
- The Judge should be addressed as “Your Honor.”
- There is to be no talking while court is in session.
- The courthouse is a secured environment. All persons and items such as purses, backpacks and diaper bags are subject to search.
- When possible, avoid bringing small children to court. If you must, please monitor their behavior so as to remain quiet. Parents may be asked to leave the courtroom if their child becomes noisy or unruly.
- Disrupting the functions of the court and/or the clerk’s office may result in additional charges being filed.
- Parents / guardians of juveniles should be with them when appearing before the Judge.
- Keep hands in plain sight, not within your pockets or jacket.
- No food, drink or gum chewing is allowed in the courtroom.
- Silence all cell phones. Devices sounding during court are subject to seizure and will not be returned until court is over.
- Smoking is prohibited by law in all areas of City buildings.
COURT DRESS CODE
WHAT TO WEAR
Business Suit (dress or pants)
Cardigan or Blazer over bare arms
Tidy polo shirt and slacks
Dress, shorts or skirt with hem at or below knee
WHAT TO AVOID
Torn, cut or heavily soiled clothing
Sleeveless, spaghetti strap or halter tops
Tops which expose the midsection
Clothing with vulgar or offensive images
Shorts or skirts with hem above the knee
Hats and non-prescription sunglasses
Pajamas, pool or beach attire